Vimal Raj Arockiasamy and Ratul Saha wrote a great paper for the 2016 SAS Global Forum titled “Architecture and Deployment of SAS® Visual Analytics 7.2 with a Distributed SAS® LASRTM Analytic Server for Showcasing Reports to the Public”.
This paper demonstrates the deployment of SAS® Visual Analytics 7.2 with a distributed SAS® LASRTM Analytic Server and an internet-facing web tier. The key factor in this deployment is to establish the secure web server connection using a third-party certificate to perform the client and server authentication. The deployment process involves the following steps:
- Establish the analytics cluster, which consists of SAS® High-Performance Deployment of Hadoop and the deployment of high- performance analytics environment master and data nodes.
- Get the third-party signed certificate and the key files.
- Deploy the SAS Visual Analytics server tier and middle tier.
- Deploy the standalone web tier with HTTP protocol configured using secure sockets.
- Deploy the SAS® Web Infrastructure Platform.
- Perform post-installation validation and configuration to handle the certificate between the servers.